Tuesday 30 December 2014

Why the 1st of January isn't JUST ANOTHER DAY.

    Sometimes it feels over hyped. The super expensive parties and the expensive dresses and suits, or even the count downs , why do people need to be so excited for the clock to strike 12 ? doesn't that happen everyday? But still it makes them SO happy.

I like to look at each year as a way of judging whether or not my life is amazing or below average. I like to reflect on my past year and use the concept of 'a year' to measure and contrast and compare things, particularly my standards of fun-ness and my growth as a human being.

So let's first start with 2013.. I don't want to give too many details because then people would figure out who I am and the entire idea of an anonymous blog would be lost.

I was in school, pretty lost in terms of understanding myself but I worked hard at my studies , not very hard but more than usual , in terms of football it was the best year for me, I improved a lot and we also placed 3rd at the state level. I had a boyfriend who wasn't exactly right for me which did mess stuff up a bit but it fueled me to achieve a lot more than I intended on as a defense mechanism. I'm still friends with him though. I achieved things I didn't think i could but on an average I wasn't the happiest. I hated my art teacher, he picked on me though i can safely say i was one of the best in the class. I was very unsure of what I wanted to do with my time and the kind of people I wanted to be friends with, but I did make about 3 strong friends who I still talk to regularly.

Now 2014...

I went on camps. 2 of them, these were unlike any other camps i had ever been on, on the first i learnt a little about myself , I learnt how to be more comfortable, The second camp on the other hand was where i learnt what roughing it out meant for 11days I slept in uncomfortable tents, I peed in a bus , I showered in a stream at 11pm when it was about 7 degrees, I realized i never forgot how to ride a bike and  I tried kayaking and swimming in a river, but most importantly i learnt how to take a dump in a shared toilet, with boys around. And now I can safely say I am more comfortable with taking a dump in public places if i really need to go.

I learnt to not let my art teacher bring me down, I learnt how to combine my need for excitement and craziness with my love for art by painting murals all over my balcony and in my friends houses and now college as well, I graffittied publically  on roads and learnt not to ever use acrylic based spray cans because they all peeled off in one rain. I learnt that i had courage to be a go-getter and not have an ordinary life.

I fell in love with someone who is right for me and makes me more happy than sad and has taught me to love myself and not be guilty when I'm unreasonable or illogical and is patient with me even when i am and never gives up on me. He's so similar to me yet so different. If you're reading this, a lot of stuff has gotten messed up, but we never gave up  and that's what matters, and that bad stuff may have hurt me way too much, but I can safely say that all the amazing moments we've shared has stacked up to a bigger pile than all those negative emotions have, Thank you for constantly reminding me that I'm special through all the tiny things you do, It means more than you'll ever know, and I've changed so much as a human being because of you.

I changed in the sense that I only surround myself with people who appreciate me and instead of trying to fit in I try showing people who I really am in the hope that i'll attract people who are like me. I'm not as shy anymore, I feel like my social needs have been met and they don't feel hard to maintain because I just have to be myself. I became more independent and learnt how to use trains, I stopped being a baby, I went to goa with my friends and had way too much fun, I went to poona and learnt  how to lie.

On an average I didn't change my personality as drastically, I just learnt how to be more comfortable with myself and love myself, I started going to college and I was put in situations with no authority figures that have control over me and I still didn't do so bad, I start taking initiative and getting things done.

So for 2015 my only resolution Is to make the next year better than this one just like how 2014 was better than 2013.

Note to my heart - Sorry you had a rough time in the past few years, aren't you so happy that this year was so good? I promise to be better to you in 2015 , you deserve it, thank you for being so strong for me.

To my head- Thank you for taking care of my heart, I promise to make you stronger so I can be more rational, but listen to my heart once in a while too, I think she knows exactly what I want because it's easier to lie to you than to her.

K. I'm done now. This post was really long, thank you if you actually read it.

xoxo

Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment