Friday 26 December 2014

Why I Respect Fastrack As A Brand

I always admired their advertisements because they seemed daring and bold, right from supporting homosexuality and 'coming out of the closet,
to their slogan ' Move On' , which supports being rebellious by saying it is okay to consistently be inconsistent. This brand has never failed to go against the traditional idea of 'acceptable behavior' , and their latest slogan 'Sorry for What?' encourages people to be unapologetic for setting their own standards of acceptability right from their bold visuals of girls with hairy armpits to women shaving their heads

 and men with thongs.

I respect it most because it's used for advertising and there's probably a large majority that would not agree with it, but that's exactly what the brand aims at - changing those thoughts and making being true to yourself acceptable.

This advertisement reaches beyond limits that normal advertisements would go to but it touches the emotions of fun-loving bratty teenagers who believe in living on the edge perfectly.

On a more personal note - I never raise my arms if I haven't waxed for a while and I would cringe at the thought of other girls not doing that as well, but I guess time will change everything and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment